Wednesday, February 5, 2014

DIY Business Cards

Business cards can be a bit pricey, especially if you want to stand out. I used to order mine off of Vistaprint but let's face it, their shipping prices are ridiculous. So why not just make your own? Stamps have become my new found addiction and are perfect for making business cards that are both unique and stand out from the crowd. 



What I used: 
Kraft Cardstock ($6.99 +Hobby Lobby )
Acid free Ink Pad in black ($2.99 +Hobby Lobby)
Stamps:

  • Little moments ($5.49 +Hobby Lobby)
  • (2) 3 packs of assorted photography related stamps ($1.99 @ Michaels on clearance)
  • Large custom made self-inking stamp ($18.99 +Vistaprint)
Total: $38.44 (without calculating coupons) 

I know this may seem pricey but the pack of card stock paper came with 100 sheets which I cut into fourths which means 400 business cards. The stamps are a one time buy and the only thing you have to keep purchasing would be the ink and obviously the paper once you run out. Another tool that you should invest in is a rotary paper trimmer; the prices vary a lot with these depending on the size, brand, and how heavy duty you want to go. I use a Westcott TrimAir in pink (it donated to breast cancer) that I purchased +OfficeMax for about $20. 

Enough jibber jabber, check out how you can make your own business cards where you get the most bang for your buck!


1. Cut business cards. The card stock I used was 4.5" x 6.5" therefore I cut it in half both horizontally and vertically. With my rotary cutter I am able to cut 2 pieces of card stock horizontally and 4 vertically. In the end, my business cards are 2.25" x 3.25" when the average size of a business card is 3.5" x 2". 

2 & 3. Stamp front side if you want a front!

4. Stamp back side with personalized stamp and any others you may want.

What I love about this is that you have the freedom to change your business cards as you please, get creative, and each one always comes out different. It's also extremely easy and fast to make!

No, there isn't actually a black spot on my business card. I just
 blocked out my phone number for privacy reasons.

P.S: If you're into photography or are looking for an Orlando, FL photographer check out my website at www.ariographyphoto.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment